Before you choose Community Organizing or Community Development as your next career, you might want to consider these questions:
1. Is the cost of your tuition prohibitive to your desired lifestyle?
2. What is the expected salary range for this career?
3. If you have taken out student loans, can you afford to repay them on your expected salary?
4. Careers in these fields, in particular community organizing, are often temporary or grant-funded. What role does job security play in your career decision?
1. Will you need a graduate degree at some point? How will that help you in your career? How will you plan for that personally and financially?
1. Why have you chosen this field?
2. What kinds of issues would you like to address?
3. Have you considered your personal goals along with your professional goals?